Thursday, May 5, 2011

New FAR Materials


My new FAR materials arrived. I am using  Roger FAR online CPA Review this time, Roger CPA Review contains their own text book with theory and class questions which are essential for following their videos along with Wiley CPA Review text book, which we use it like a workbook. They also send us Wiley Test bank CD which connects to their online test bank.

I used Roger CPA Review for BEC and after completing the lecture and a single reading, you can answer almost all questions in Wiley confidently. Due to my first trimester nausea, I had difficulty adjusting to it so my BEC Exam is scheduled in May. After the exam I will start preparing for FAR. People are saying Second trimester is the best part of the Pregnancy. I am hoping that this best part spins a charm and I may prepare well and complete this Exam journey. For some reason I feel extremely happy being hopeful.

 Earlier in my last FAR exam I got 70 and couldn't clear the exam, I was using a different CPA Review at that time. I don't blame any CPA Reviews for my poor performance. Honestly I failed that exam because I forgot  what the acronyms stand for. All the questions from Governmental and Non profit accounting were pretty basic. In the exam I memorized all the acronyms but failed to remember what they stand for.

 It is very important to remember acronyms and also to memorize what they stand for. Though it is entirely impossible to ignore acronyms in my preparation, but this time I am using some visual memory techniques which are more effective than acronyms. I will clearly discuss this technique in my next post.

Prepare well and Write your exams confidently..
My best wishes
Rose

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are so close Rose! I know the feeling of getting a 70. I wish you good news in June!!

    ReplyDelete