Friday, April 16, 2010

Flash cards FAQ's


If you are in the stage of asking, what are flash cards ?
Please click here

Where and when  is the right place and right time to revise points or use flash cards? 
And my answer is any where, any time, when your hands are free to turns those leaves..
You can keep those cards on your dining table or on your coffee table.. If you are constipated you can carry them to your restroom . (But don't stay constipated, drink a lot of water, its good for exam preparation)

Do I need to prepare flashcards myself?
As we have many CPA reviews which are good enough to buy, they will save you a lot of time , but they don't cover each and every topic and point. If you find any important point that is missing, you can prepare a flash card for that point and attach them to your pre-printed flashcards.

Preparing your own flashcards is also a good practice, when you have enough time, cards prepared in your own handwriting, in your own mother tongue ( while writing in your own words or language make sure you don't change the key words) and in own words are worth the effort.

Which CPA Review's flashcards are good?
I am using  flashcards of Kaplan CPA Review and they are good. But I don't think Becker's, Wiley's or any other review's flashcards are bad. It is better to have flashcards of the same CPA review material you are using. Since the topics, language and the coverage is same. Its not important which review is, but how you use them is vital.

Can I use online flashcard programs or digital flashcards?
Yes, there are many online websites which offer free flashcard software and databases. You can also use your power point presentations or any downloaded flash program software.


We should figure out which time and place suits us most for revision. For some people, it is dinner time , for others while they walk ( got this tip from CPA student's friend Donna Harding ), while they cook and before they sleep.

I tried a new method last night, got inspired from Donna's tip to revise them while taking a walk, As I can't go outside since the allergy season is high, I attached my flashcards to my refrigerator and by the time I finished preparing dinner I completed my Sampling flashcards. Make a note in your calender  to revise them again before you take your test. Time to revise works inversely with the number of times you open them to revise.

If you have any other question or idea to share, don't hesitate to type it in the comments section. It may help a student.

Useful  Links :


No comments:

Post a Comment