Saturday, April 17, 2010

Too many cooks


In my last attempt for Auditing exam , I used ebay bought Kaplan study manual, Kaplan audio and flash cards,  Borders bought Wiley study manual, Audible bought Wiley audio, Online ordered Bisk's Self-Directed - CPA Review Software, and handed down Becker books. I balanced one leg on Kaplan and one leg on Bisk and kept my fingers on Becker and Wiley. And finally my result came with a whopping 67 . And I understood the meaning of the idiom ' Too many cooks spoil the broth' .Lets re-frame it as

Too many CPA Reviews will make you fail
So the morale behind my own story is - Don't ever do this. Ask for opinions, read those free materials they provide, test their free software and then decide one material and stick to that.Too many Study materials

  • Waste your time 
  • Create confusion on how they cover the topics
  • They will make a hole in your purse 
  • And finally you won't finish a single material
I already tried all these brilliant approaches and made myself a sacrificial lamb , So save yourself from this kind of stupidity.

1 comment:

  1. Good advice and very true. IF you must combine CPA Review, make sure you are combining them the right way... like if you need more MCQ to practice, it's OK to buy supplemental materials that are only practice questions but it can get very confusing studying from a bunch of different courses!

    ReplyDelete