Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Self-help trouble


If you know the word 'self inflicted', that is enough to understand this. I suddenly remember the dialogue from the movie, Liar Liar, where Jim Carrey screams to the person who comes to the rest room and asks, what are you doing? and he says ' I kick my own a...'.

We read all self-help books and watch life changing videos and it is never going to be the same when we bite our own fingers. A 'Lil me' is created inside which jumps and squeaks alerts each and every time we try to cheat our selves. Why they show, what is the best? Now that we know, where we stand, does it means, we should  feel inferior or impose the necessity to live up to the standards? Do we have a choice now? As we are already told what is right! Well I think we should at least make an effort and not feel pathetic.


As the exam is fast approaching, I'm getting nervous and paranoid and started behaving strange and I feel like watched all the time. Strange is this consciousness, it makes me feel guilty, ashamed and at the same time grounded. Now I need to fold my pants up as I am already in the pool, mile long and knee deep.

One two three four five six
Count your numbers to ease
Pull your pants up your knees
'Bless you' if you sneeze
Watch your videos on lease
Enjoy your anxieties as a tease
Rest in peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment