Monday, August 8, 2011

Desire to breathe


From last 14 days.. All our family members are going through a very difficult time. My father is in ICU and he is still battling with death. God kept us in a very tricky situation ..My Dad's heart is partially damaged due to an earlier stroke. So from last few years he is maintaining it on medicines. There is nothing any doctor can do for his heart because it's not a treatable condition. The only solution is heart transplant and it is not a viable option for various reasons.
Doctors advised us to discontinue his life support because there is not even 1% hope. But we continued it for 12 days and finally two days back we brought him home but nothing happened as doctors said and he is still breathing and making us realize what it means to have a loved one alive for one more day. Though we are in financial troubles we are choosing to keep him in doctor's care. At this point of time we don't understand how long his heart will let him live .. Though there is no hope of recovery, I only want him to die peacefully and happily.


Our practical minds while doing rational calculations are still driven by  inner desires.. It's not enough that we speak words just with mind. They should be connected by our souls and heart. I may sound spiritual but there are many things doctors and science still unable to understand. Few years back I heard the story of Socrates and his disciple Plato. The strength of the desire drives us towards achieving its objective.
I spoke very strong and practical these days and made attempts to make my family members strong but inside my heart, I want him to live. So bad that I am unable to give up and it was such a strong desire it made me understand how Plato struggled under water to breathe. Giving up is not an option from my side. I just can't give up and agree with fate. Though from outside I was not behaving any thing irrational. The strength of my desire was driving my true self.
Right now, I am thinking about desire... When we have a desire as strong as we want to breathe, it automatically drives us towards our goal. What if our desire is not as strong as this? Can we do something about it? Though this post is not going to give tips on how to improve your desire but I advise you to get as much information as possible about this and do something about it. I will do some research on this and let you know in my future posts. Because if you have a desire to pass CPA Exam as strong as your desire to breathe, You will become positively crazy and you will become a CPA.
My preparation was disturbed and I couldn't able to sit for the exam as planned. But I am pulling my self together and preparing for the exam. I will do my best .. It means I won't stop trying and I'm giving my best this window and I will perform this exam well.
My Special thanks to all my friends for the prayers, wishes and support. Those kind words stood with me all the time and  to Mr.Roger of  Roger CPA Review for those lively lectures which are giving me a reason to smile in these difficult times.
 Links: Socrates and Plato story

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Rose. I'm so sorry about your Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. You're a fighter and I know you'll become a brilliant CPA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir.. Any thing said is less on my side..will remember your words always..

    ReplyDelete