Thursday, June 7, 2012

Don't wait till last minute to book appointment

I was reading this post @goingconcern 'CPA Candidate Discovers That Scheduling an Exam on the Last Day of Testing Window Is a Bad Idea 'and it reminded me my own last minute drama this window. I tried to book appointment one week before  REG exam. It's really risky to do something like that ..But I never faced something like- not having any appointments available situation before. So I didn't even checked. I was quite sure!

And then it bombed, No appointments!!! There is only one center in entire St.Louis and we have no appointments. I was in panic, I searched for near cities. Only center that's available was in Peoria IL.  With a drive of  nearly 4 hrs and a kid to baby sit for nearly 4 hrs and then 4 hrs driving back.  My husband said ,'NO'. I was like tweeting crazily for feedback on this. Some of my friends advised me not to give up and not to waste time. I was desperate and blindly believed in fate. Some said, People always cancel appointments in last minute, Don't worry..

I checked for dates four or five times a day for next two days .. Interestingly on third day my husband called and said ..there is a slot available on 30th go ahead and book it. My mouth was open when the truth slowly sinked in .. Who was more desperate than me to see me complete this exam..He checked every hour.. Catch that.

I was not so happy with the fact that some one cancelled their date, but found relief on getting one. Well the gist is, I am advising you not to go through this drama, Please book your date in advance.

And about giving only one center for St.Louis sounds just ridiculous to me. Students should not face such a problem. I wish NASBA looks into this.

2 comments:

  1. This is good advice bc it backed fired on me when I tried to book last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ideally you want it booked months ahead to allow time for rescheduling if you have to. it also takes several weeks to send/receive letters.

    ReplyDelete